Friday 12 September 2014

HH21 - 29.08.14 - Helle has exchanged this afternoon...

In the space of writing a post saying "I hope we will exchange contracts this afternoon", Helle had done that very thing.

And from her car at the side of a road; most impressive!

David arranged the insurance [needed to be in place from exchange of contracts], which apparently was the final hurdle stopping us exchanging today [Helle must have had enough from Barclays to be sure of the mortgage offer, so that wasn't a myth].  We would like to complete on Wednesday [Dad's birthday; feels like an auspicious date to me], with the knowledge that that's not really realistic.  Helle will do her very best to make it happen, but at any rate it needs to happen before the 8th September to avoid interest penalties [I don't know what those are, and at this stage don't want to know, so *fake Spanish accent* 'I say nothing']...

It feels as though this purchase might really happen?

It will be great to have some fantastic news to share!

[Which has got me wondering if the relatives who have been shutting me out (a.k.a. "the Coven", at least in my mind!) will sudden remember I exist...  And get in touch wanting gossip!  It's why we've been keeping the search under wraps (just a few friends and the internet!); I hate it when I'm the subject of the rumour mill...  It may be caring, but it feels awfully judgemental, and I'm always left feeling bruised.  It can be extreme enough that David notices the 'little' digs (and he's normally impervious to social nuances like that), and just makes me glad I've been dropped like a hot stone.

At least you can choose your friends! ;-) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment