Friday 12 September 2014

HH12 - 12.06.13 - Bad news...

Rob called David late this morning, and broke the news that we'd been "substantially" outbid on the Old Old People's Home.

There's only three consolations for us:
  • We gave it our all - we went higher than we were comfortable bidding - so we didn't lose out for lack of trying
  • We were outbid by a sum described as "substantial", so even if we'd gone a bit higher, we still wouldn't have got the house
  • The bloke trying to be "clever" and doing a late bid [like eBay when the late cheeky bid takes the auction?] has ended up paying at least £60,000 more than if he'd made an asking price offer a couple of months ago - the trust would have accepted an asking price offer and we'd never have been shown the place.
Oh, well, it obviously was not "meant to be".

I'm managing [with variable success!] to be philosophical about it, and my life hasn't ended; I just wish we could find somewhere that I love so that I could make a great home for us (and that place was more that I ever hoped for).

Back to the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment