Friday 12 September 2014

HH10 - 07.06.13 - Sealed bids

David has emailed our best offer to Rob - so now all we can do is keep our fingers crossed!

I spoke with Emma [another estate agent] yesterday, and she's not surprised we are bidding on a complicated sale or a property that needs massive amounts of work doing on it.  Perhaps she knows us [me] better than we know ourselves?  She said she can't imagine us moving into a house that needs no work, even if the grounds are a complete "project"...

Have a horrible feeling she's right.  If the Old Old People's Home doesn't come off, it will be back to the drawing board, but fixer-uppers are so hard to find [well, at fixer-upper prices, anyway].

I asked her about a particularly stinky place she showed us around - had she shifted it yet - and she said the vendor ignored all her advice [which I suspect involved a lot of bleach and a certain amount of light-coloured paint, and reducing the asking price], and just registered the property with another agent.

Doesn't mean the place will sell any faster, just gives the illusion of forward movement?

I don't know, because I really can't understand the thought processes of some of the vendors - the ones I can totally "get" are the ones like us who [did the whole Ann Maurice House Doctoring thing, and] sold their beautifully-presented homes in superfast time.

I'm rabbiting; just trying to keep my mind of the OOPH until we hear something from Rob [bids close at midday, so less than three hours to wait; I hope].

No comments:

Post a Comment