Friday 30 May 2008

Sad news

Claire called by yesterday (she saw the house was open) to warn me before I went to see her parents: her mum has had a fall and is in hospital.

I can't remember if she said the fall caused an epilectic seizure or was as a result of one.

Sadly, it doesn't matter much either way...

They did a scan, and found that the chemo was working on the cancer that had spread to her lungs and spine, but she now had secondary spread to her head.

Apparently this was shielded when she had radiotherapy.

She's very unwell, and Claire doesn't think she will be coming home.

It makes me feel quite small (and fairly useless).

Here we are worrying about financing a holiday home project, and Denise is fighting for her life.

I offered what help I could - but what can I do? I'd be no use in the vines (lack of knowledge, rather than inability), and I suspect neighbours are already helping with the horse and chickens.

What I wanted to do was take away a bit of the pain (I have so little, now, but can remember being overwhelmed after dad died), but I don't know how to do that.

I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment