Thursday 1 May 2008

Can I use thunder as an excuse?

For not going out to take any exercise?

I might get struck by lightning...

Again!

Today's resolution: I'm going to stop listening to excuses for not taking exercise!

There's no chance at this stage I'll stop creating excuses, so let's get real

Oh, and for anyone who's interested, I've only been struck by lightning on a landline (twice, apparently!)...

It feels like someone really nasty has smacked you in the ear, you get to see a blue flash & go deaf for a while.

Well that's my experience!

Does that make me more likely to be safe if I go out in a thunderstorm or less?

Statistically, I know, that being hit by lightning previously has no influence over whether I get struck today...

But I'm human!

Am I more likely to be a victim if I go for a walk (self-indulgently trying to change my life)?

Or if I go to vote (playing my part in the democratic process, and thus earning the right to moan for the next four years if I don't like the result)?

Hmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment