Wednesday 16 March 2011

Paddling on Hayling Island...

I'm pretty sure that [almost] everyone thought I was potty on Saturday: I was the only person paddling in the sea.

It was cold, but bearably so.

What has become apparent is that my feet have become "southern softies"; as I no longer walk around barefoot since coming to live down south [too much dog sh!t everywhere!], and they can't cope with even minor shingle!

Still, I managed to walk in the sea for quite a distance, and my feet were as toasty as anything afterwards!

Felt a lot better when we were getting back into the car as then there were a couple of boys sitting in the water and paddling, and another lad with his t-shirt off.

So, not the only one!

Seriously, I wished I'd got my swimming costume; that would have been fun [but brief]!

No comments:

Post a Comment