Thursday 17 February 2011

Orient Express

Moving swiftly on from my dreams of being techy enough to build my own computer...

I think I saw the Orient Express on Monday?!

My train, having already been delayed before it left Putney, was held at Clapham Junction for what seemed like ages... [I'd only allowed an hour to do what should be a 35 minute journey! Eventually I was less than five minutes late; so glad I like being early!]

And then a steam train pulled past the other side of the platform!

I was marvelling at how lovely [and how smelly!] it was; truly a thing of beauty.

I've been trying to work out what trip it was likely to be on, and think it must be an Orient Express trip!

Clan Line locomotive [which said it was a Merchant Navy loco] and Pullman carriages including Zena, Minerva, Ione & Vera [I didn't realise they had names, or would have been looking sooner!] have got to equal Orient Express, surely?

It's the second time I've seen it [saw it at Victoria over twenty years ago], and I think I appreciate it even more now having seem most of Michael Portillo's recent railway series on BBC2 and David Suchet getting special treatment on the Orient Express [as well as getting to play Poirot!].

Ahhh!

Thinking about that, I'm calmer & happier; perhaps steam trains are antidotes to being a Microsoft customer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment