Wednesday 16 February 2011

Bovine adrenal extract

I've been seeing an acupuncturist who has diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue [not a surprise, I have to admit, but surprising that he picked up on it when I'm complaining about a dodgy hip!].

We discussed the best way of treating it, and he suggested bovine adrenal extract; I said I'd try it, but that I can't eat meat because it *ahem* doesn't stay down...

I was happy to give it a go, because what's the worst that can happen? Another spell vomiting over the loo?

I can handle that!

I took a single capsule yesterday and was fine, so this morning the thought of taking the two capsules that comprise a normal dose didn't cause me any misgivings...

What I was NOT expecting was the burning sensation starting on my face that was followed quickly by an impressive rash [the picture really doesn't do justice to the "English tourist after a day on the beach" shade of boiled-lobster that I achieved!], which then travelled down my neck, chest, shoulders, arms and into my fingers. My elbows were pretty impressive, too!

Spoke with Guy, and he says we'll have a re-think, and to take an anti-histamine.

Well, by the time I got back from the pharmacy (which is literally just across the road), the burning sensation was already subsiding and the rash fading so I didn't bother; if it's going to get better on its own, I don't need more drugs in my system.

The sad part is, I am already starting to feel better!

Thinking it over, I might have tipped from intolerant [stomach rejecting meat] to allergic [burning rash]?

No comments:

Post a Comment