Tuesday 16 March 2010

Sometimes my psychic abilities amaze even me

OK, so let's front up: I'm not remotely psychic.

I do believe that our brains can take on signals that our conscious mind is not aware of, and the subconscious mind can put 2 + 2 together and come up with the right answer.

But I don't believe that's intuition or being psychic, just letting all our faculties do their job properly.

Either way, when we were organising Paul to come and fit the windows I really didn't want to be the one organising the scaffolding [probably Jill's experience of thoroughly unprofessional scaffolders in Brixton breaking windows/my tree and constantly swearing might have coloured my judgment!], even though Paul said he couldn't get it at a discount.

"We don't mind; please arrange the scaffolding, as you know a firm that you've found reliable."

Well, scaffolder turns up minus the last storey worth of tubing.

Much swearing, and he's off to Biggin Hill an hour (or hour and a half?) away to get a few more bits.

It's not a problem; Paul & co. do another window, it will all happen in the end, but thankfully it's SEP, and more importantly it's NMP!

[Someone Else's Problem/Not My Problem]

And it's leaving me totally untroubled: all I feel is mildly amused - the scaffolder [having worked in the block before, doing the stairwell window right next to the kitchen window] had been twice to measure, and had agreed a price with Paul, so there's no way I'm paying more for them to learn a valuable lesson about double checking your measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment