Monday 1 June 2009

Never thought I'd feel sorry for an estate agent!

Just had one of those painful conversations that it's best to get over with quickly...

Like removing a sticking plaster, so they say, but I've never had any problems taking off plasters - even the ones that will actually stick on in the first place, and they are RARE!

Philip from Barnard Marcus got his call in before I called him; calling all the 'unsuccessful' agents was on my list for tomorrow.

The only reason I wasn't going to do it today was it was too late and I've had too many things to think about!

We have chosen to market the flat with Kinleigh Folkard Hayward, and Philip (to give him credit) wanted to know if he could talk me out of that and put the flat on with Barnard Marcus.

He was very persuasive!

And we don't know whether we have made the right choice... [How can we know?!]

My answer was that having given my word, I don't want to go back on that: old-fashioned concept, maybe, but I think treating other people how you would like to be treated is not a bad way to run your life.

Only another 5 awkward conversations to go!

If we haven't [made the right choice], it's not too late: Philip's last tactic was to get me to consider joint agency - still open to us later.

Now all I need to do is get a HIP organised!!

I understand there is very little chance of anyone reading it, but we still need one, so will have to grit our teeth to pay for something that is probably purposeless!

Wonder if I could "flip" this flat to be our second home & get the taxpayer to pay for it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment